Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Nihilist she/her or he/him
Packmate
Pronouns: she/her or he/him

[Image: tumblr_pir9xduYyf1u2xt9qo1_250.png]

d o r a n,

insecure or in denial

actions - "speech" - thoughts

The river is a barrier, both for Nadir and the little rabbit Doran has quietly stalked for miles. He pants. Shit!, he thought, Okay, yeah, that human was right. Endurance hunting?! Sucks! This sucks! I'm not built for this! But, it had felt pretty cool to just keep watching the rabbit, keeping an eye on it from so many yards away while it kept trying to hide from him. Every now and then he would have to sprint or sniff to keep up with it when it risked hiding, but it had been quite interesting.

Except for the fact he felt on the brink of collapse. Thirty minutes of chasing this thing had tested all of his endurance. The rabbit, likewise, looked as if it might just give out at any moment. It was a test of who would grow weak first - the young male or the white rabbit. If Doran could only keep courage, the rabbit would have to pick to cross the rushing river and be wash down, where Doran could hopefully beat any scavengers to it, or it would finally lay down right there and be an easy finish for him. The rabbit, meanwhile, could only hope Doran would grow impatient and rush, giving it an easy escape route, or else lay down and also open an opportunity.

The Starfire river babbled behind them both, an ever watching guardian of the land Doran crept on the border of.

But, as the seconds ticked by, the rabbit trembled and its little heart finally gave out. Doran watched and, after a moment, laughed in relief. He sat on his haunches, thoroughly exhausted. "Finally!" He got up, walking a little closer to his prize, and collapsed by it. He was too tired to even eat at the moment. He'd take a quick rest and then have his fill of rabbit, maybe a little river water, too. "I'm never gonna hunt like that again... Freakin' awful."

ooc local pouty boy collapses @ nadir border because he has no self control, what up

forest graphic © m-adking / coding © vixxie's codes

► character bin

i'm just tryna turn up in the country.

[-] Likes: redburn
Sycon He/Him
Nardir
Nardir
Pronouns: He/Him

All Accounts Posts: 192

ycon,

And when you die
I won't be at your wake
No eulogy from me
Just a smile on my face

actions - “speech” - thoughts

Eh... So the lumbering giant had come home a few days back. Apparently all hell had broken loose while he was a being a lazy sack of shit and 'recovering' in Inaria and on his way back home to Nardir. Well, he even still waited a few days before he began actually stalking the borders that may actually get foot-traffic, the large Fringe rather content spending his first few days home exploring the more... Harsh terrain, he had a thing for being that big jerk who could get to places others may not and for actually checking places others may forget. Heh, no one ever remembers to check the more secluded parts of the territory border.

The massive Fringe found himself meandering about the waterways, his lazy pace bringing him along the banks of the Starfire River, one of those oh so fun things that marked a border. He never was fond of rivers but, thankfully it wasn't too bad. The large wolf marked with striking lime and cyan flame markings paused, seeing a lump off in the distance. Was that a body? The lumbering giant of a wolf moved along his side of the river ever closer, a sly grin tugging at his mug. Oh-ho-ho~! “Well, well, well, what do we have here, eh? Whatever it is, it's fuckin' tiny.”, he muttered the last bit to himself with a huff. The dark and neon marked beast paused, shaking out his coat, flipping his hair out of his eyes for the most part, letting it fall to the left side of his face as usual.

“Yo~!” He called out. “Ya lost little puppy?” Came the mild taunt, his voice easily carried over the river as he stood at the bank, his front paws submerged in the cool crisp water. Surpeiiiiiiise~! You get NArdir's asshole to welcome you! Promise he's not as big a jerk as he seems at first glance. Sycon snickered, licking his chops, how he loooooooved this game. Testing tempers was his first little trick, it had worked oh so well foir his own acceptance, Ol Puff-N-Stuff had loved his sarcasm.... Ayliyra, not so much. He wouldn't be surprised if the lil brown Snark-Master would be pretty pissy seeing his oh so charming mug out and about again.

“So then Pup~! What brings ya ta Nardir? Ya lookin' for a place ta crash or just passin' along the border?”

Dear Kyra, please for the LOVE of Mother Moon.... Teach this boy some manners before someone else does. coughmercurycoughcough, ahem... What was that? Oh? Nothing, just a frog in the proverbial throat, that's all.

Sycon snickered, canting his head a bit, flashing a big ol wolfy grin, his tail wagging a bit. Yeah, he was a friendly enough guy and besides... This one across the river was actually kinda cute. Not as cute as some of the guys and gals in Nardir but, still cute... Wonder if his butt was nice too.... Hmmm..

“C'mon now Pretty Boy, ya just gonna leave me hanging or does the Sabre got hold of your tongue?”

ooc: Yes hi hello, someone ordered the Snark-Master 5000? No? Oh, sorry... That'll be a $19.95 return fee please. Tongue

coding © vixxie's codes

[Image: wFLSFrk.png]
Packmate

(This post was last modified: November 27, 2018, 11:48:30 AM by Nihilist.)

d o r a n,

insecure or in denial

His ear twitched, which was the only initial sign that he actually heard Sycon. Naturally, Doran assumed he was not being spoken to – after all, he was not a little puppy, he was a big, strapping adult! He was a MAN. However, the second time he was addressed, this time with Sycon closer than before, Doran wondered if the other was referring to him as a puppy. So, naturally, he sat up, ready to run his mouth--

When he saw how fuck off big Sycon was.

“Uhhhh,” he stammered, at a loss for words. His temper had quickly been cooled by seeing how big the other wolf was. He looked over to his freshly collapsed rabbit and then back at the big neon wolf. Doran quickly stood, weighing the situation.

Regaining his spine, Doran tried to look cool and unbothered. “Well, I was just passing through. Loner, left home, dispersed. You know how it is.” Cue an indifferent look into the distance. “Though, a sabre did almost get my tongue...”

Read: last week Doran got chased off a carcass when the rightful owner returned. He smelled the sabre returning from a quarter a mile off and hurriedly stuffed his mouth until the big cat came within view, and then hauled ass.

“Dunno if this Nardir has room for a rogue like me...” Yeah, how were they ever going to handle a bad boy like Doran, who throws tantrums when his friends have lives outside of his own and gets kicked out of the house by his mama?

ooc actual cool guy vs poser… thank u for this encounter 10/10

► character bin

Sycon He/Him
Nardir
Nardir
Pronouns: He/Him

All Accounts Posts: 192

ycon,

And when you die
I won't be at your wake
No eulogy from me
Just a smile on my face

Do it!

Do it!

Dot it!

The little chant went off in his mind when he noticed the ear flick then the motion of the other sitting up. Weeeeeeeellllll~! Welly well well! Sycon licked his chops, giving a lil brow waggle with a sly grin. That fuckin derpy face, damn... I can't laugh.... But fuck I wanna... He's cute.... Wonder if he's got a nice butt. The massive canine snapped himself from his thoughts, work! He was working, yeah. The Crimson Demon could be lurking in any bush but, he'd likely hear her waddling on up at this rate. That thought made him snort in amusement and he rolled his eyes, attention going back to Doran.

“Well, I was just passing through. Loner, left home, dispersed. You know how it is.”
He looked away with an indifferent sense and Sycon snerked, biting his tongue to keep from laughing.

“Though, a sabre did almost get my tongue...”

Ok... Couldn't stop it this time.... A bark of laughter drifted from the massive male, to the point where he lowered himself down to his rump, nearly howling now as he laughed his tail off. “Wheeeew~! Holy shit kiddo,” He snickered out, grinning.
“Dunno if this Nardir has room for a rogue like me...” Cue the next loud snort of amusement from the jolly giant. Sycon got to his paws and nodded. “Well, shit.... They got room for my fat-ass so they got room for you. Ya seem like ya got huntin down a bit, though I ain't ever seen someone sleepin with their dinner b'fore.” Came the sarcastic remark with a shrug, to each their own.... Or some shit like that... Right?

“Assumin ya outran that over-sized kitten too since ya still got ya tongue.” That sly grin set in place, cant canting a bit in thought. “What else ya got for me Kid? Ya got speed, ya can at least grab a bite for yaself so yer not a complete sack of shit.... Ya social? Can ya make things with ya pawws?” At this he lifted one of those massive paws, wiggling those oh so dexterous wolf-fingers of Dires.net, soon setting it back down. “Ya know herbs-n-shit? Ya a tough-guy lookin ta patrol the borders? Hmmmmm...... Nah, dun seem like the Medic type... Nah.... Ya like ta find shiny things and other craft shit? Jus tryin ta help ya out so I can take ya ta see the Queen, she likes ta meet the newbies an shit.” And ooooooh boy.... Would that be amusing since everybody loved Sycon..... Not.

The massive doggo again found himself sitting down, jaws parting in a wide yawn. Ugh. The question part was always dull as fuck. Oh well, if this guy had a few tricks up his sheepish sleeves, Sycon could hopefully get to check out that butt while they made the walk to the Castle and Queenie's room.

ooc

coding © vixxie's codes

[Image: wFLSFrk.png]
Packmate

d o r a n,

insecure or in denial

Laughter?! Was that LAUGHTER?! Doran’s ears flicked back, increasingly fragile ego shattered in one swift blow. What had he said that was so funny?! Did this other guy doubt that he had done what he said he’d done?! But, Doran being Doran, didn’t rise to get aggressive – his ears drooped and he looked off, quietly accepting the doubt.

This internal shut down didn’t help with Sycon’s next question. What was good about him? Doran couldn’t think of anything on his own. What, was he supposed to say he was good at something and have someone else be disappointed with what he provided? He hated saying he could do things. He hated expectations.

All the same, he tried to sound as nonchalant as before. “I grew up in a neighborhood with lots of older wolves – even as a pup, I was alright with handling folks with different needs than me. Never made much ‘cept den expansions.” As for finding things… Now, that, even Doran liked to think he was good at. Maybe he couldn’t fight everything, maybe he wasn’t always strong enough to haul it back, but he was swift and sure footed with a good eye and an even better snout. Maybe it’d been natural.

Maybe he’d picked up on it for the sake of bringing her the weird shit she liked… He didn’t get it, still didn’t, because you couldn’t eat a flower or a rock, but she liked them. And, she had been his friend, once upon a time.

“Yeah, I’ve done plenty of track-and-deliver jobs. Even spent some time roughing it with a bunch of two-legs in exchange for board so they could find some… what was it? Truffles. They called ‘em truffles. Not too shabby with scenting out herbs or digging up jewels, neither.”

He didn’t have very much pride, but he was a good delivery boy. Said delivery boy stood up, picking up the rabbit by the ears. He spoke through his crowded mouth: "Mind if I eat? Y'want a bite?"

ooc finally responds… finally. Srry for the wait

► character bin