Open  Cold mind in cold times
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Puzzle She/her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/her

All Accounts Posts: 6

Going further west hadn't really occurred to her in a while, but now that it had she was off like a shot, bounding over and past the buffalo knolls and pressing on to see what she could see. Before she'd made it pretty dang far, but she'd yet to really encounter a pack or anything suuper cool, so Puzzle wasn't satisfied. Probably never would be, there was way too much to explore and see in this world! Maybe someday after they did a few more trainings - since that seemed likely, given the back to back sessions recently - she could ask her mentor permission to go on an extended journey. Where to she couldn't say just yet, but Puzzle knew there were more packs out there to peek at and more wolves to meet and lands to explore. Deity Tree, for one, was a place she'd yet to set a single paw in, though that was mostly because it was the known home of the higher ranked wolves and she wasn't keen on getting stuck close to them any time too soon...

Wait. Pausing, Puzzle went from a bouncy trot to a halt, someone was over on the top hill. Staring. In moving. Was avoiding this wolf just
 letting them know she was as pathetic as they thought she was? Her lip curled at the thought.  had changed . Puzzle hated to let any of them continue thinking that way. Shit, she'd beat the hell out of one right now, just to prove she wasn't any less than them. Glancing around as though one might show their ugly mug and come lookin' to add to her lovely new facial scarring, Puzzle found... nothing. Mostly grass. As she crested one of the many, many hills, she finally found something worth looking at.

The rickety, totally unstable looking structure was strange amidst the open grassland was kinda weird but also super interesting and she was immediately racing closer, eyes wide with curiosity. Hey, maybe she could climb this thing...
Valen she/they
Pronouns: she/they

(This post was last modified: November 12, 2018, 05:23:37 PM by Valen.)

[Image: tumblr_pgeb01Or2d1vtjcxso1_250.png]

Speech:#669999

Their trek home to Hiraeth had thus far been a long one; it was one that had been surrounded by uneventful company, and though it was found to be uneventful; nevertheless it was pleasing. A Queen in her own lands, now a commoner amongst strangers she walked on with a sapling clinging gently in her mouth as she led the way from the wilderness back to a reassuring home she knew was waiting for her.

Valen stepped with a grace as she and her accompanying friend (was that going to be the right term for it by the end of their venture?) made their way through a land they did not know. It was quiet here- a quiet that didn't seem to be irritating or out of the ordinary. Valen liked it here, wherever here was; it reminded her of home. She turned to her companion and gave a small smile before stopping in her tracks.

In the distance, she saw something move. The curiosity that beckoned her heart and mind tugged valiantly, and in the end won her over. She gingerly set her sapling down and turned to her friend.

"I see someone," she mused softly, ears perked as she looked back to where a figure had once been. They'd bounded west of them, and the soon to be Queen couldn't help but feel a tug in her chest. Was this stranger heading towards her home as well? The wiry coated female felt a small sense of urgency as she called out to her friend to follow, and to hurry.

"Excuse me!" she called out, legs pumping as she desperately tried to catch up with the stranger that was headed for a bridge, "Excuse me! Hello?"

OOC: Valen's post here is liquid timed to before she heads home to her pack

Spirits white as lightning,
shall on my travels guide me
The moon would quake and the stars would shake,
when' ere they espied me.

[Image: lucretia_and_valen_sketch2.png]
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat
Lucretia she/her
Pronouns: she/her

All Accounts Posts: 346
(This post was last modified: November 13, 2018, 08:48:27 PM by Lucretia.)

(I'm gonna post very soon!! I will tag when i'm done)

[-] Likes: Puzzle
Puzzle She/her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

Her ear flicked, and hear tail swished. The wolf on top of the hill was approaching, should she run now? No, never. She had run all her life, she was done running. At least for now. “Hello, excuse me!” The canine says, she takes a step back. Her heart, brain, and instinct ran away but her paws were stuck in the ground with cement.
She sat down on the dew stricken grass… well she wasn’t standing anymore so she was sitting her ground. Not only did she feel uncomfortable, but she felt a nagging feeling in her pelt.
“U-uh.... h-hello there...” She shuddered and her eyes darted from side to side. Was anyone else? Didn’t seem like it, but it didn’t hurt to be sure.
The raven flapped down and made its croaking sound. It hopped around on the ground and flapped it black wings. When it was done, it climbed up Puzzle’s back onto her head and nest’s into her fur.
“S-sorry, um is this your land? I’ll go away if it, I’m sorry I didn’t know.”
Lucretia she/her
Pronouns: she/her

All Accounts Posts: 346
(This post was last modified: November 15, 2018, 01:57:14 AM by Lucretia.)

ASH WEDNESDAY
I rejoice that things are as they are and
I renounce the blessèd face
And renounce the voice
Because I cannot hope to turn again
Consequently I rejoice, having to construct something
Upon which to rejoice

Well, looks like she could kiss her sweet den in the hillside goodbye! They were far away enough that lands were changing and shaping into new territories she had never set foot in before. She didn't dare question Valen's sense of direction at first... but as time passed, she slowly started to feel anxiety cling to her sinking heart. Ah, there goes Lucy again, falling for every kind and beautiful soul who crosses her path. Watch her fall to her knees and melt for them, if they asked her to! Yet, her nose was raised high and her elongated tail swished behind her, showing no weakness before Valen's eyes. She wouldn't let it appear to her. Not now, hopefully not ever. She needed control like she needed air to breathe.

She sensed Valen stop in her tracks, and Lucretia took a couple steps ahead of her to scan the area. Her brow furrowed as her travelling companion set down her plant. "What is it?"

"I see someone."

Her lips pursed as she glanced around. Well, she didn't see why they mattered. They had somewhere to be, and a sovereign to crown. Furthermore, the position for attention-seeking follower had already been taken. But that didn't stop Valen from taking off, urging her to come along quickly.

"For heaven's sake. Alright!" she called out, following close behind. Sure enough, a dappled she-wolf came into view. A look of annoyance smeared across Lucy's face as Valen hailed her and gradually approached, but she rapidly shook her head and donned a twisted smile. Now, now, Lucy. Play nice.

She stood cautiously behind her Queen, watching the stranger. She looked nervous... As she should be. God was observing her, after all. And She saw everything. A pulse of shock made her jolt as a raven glided down to the spotted girl, apparently out of nowhere. It looked... like it might be her friend? how odd. She watched in awe as it cozied up to her, and she didn't appear to be bothered at all by it. Lucretia tried her best not to look disgusted. Blegh! Filthy things...

The girl apologized, asking if she treaded on their territory. All Lucretia could do was stand there in silence, smiling and waiting for Valen to speak. She didn't know why she was bringing them out of their way for this, but... she guessed she was about to find out.

@Valen @Puzzle

Valen she/they
Pronouns: she/they

[Image: tumblr_pgeb01Or2d1vtjcxso1_250.png]

Speech:#669999

"For heaven's sake. Alright!"

Those words had barely felt her ears as she'd run to meet the other.

“U-uh.... h-hello there...S-sorry, um is this your land? I’ll go away if it, I’m sorry I didn’t know.”

Valen couldn't help but usher the widest smile to the apologetic wolf, head swinging to look at her companion who had decided to accompany her after all. The raven colored Queen simply gave a soft chuckle as she shook her head.

"No, no, my dear," she began with a soothing voice as golden and blue eyes laid claim on the stranger in front of them, "these lands belong to no one. If anyone is intruding here, it is us! My companion and I are heading home. It's...rare to see wandering wolves so far out this way. I'm very excited to have met you!" Valen gave a wider smile now, tail swaying back and forth to further prove just how excited she was.  She turned to Lucretia, face beaming. It was always a good sign to see wolves that wandered deeper in to the forest- especially wolves that were alone. It was so rare these days, and the girl couldn't contain her excitement any longer.

It was then that it hit her.

She had failed to introduce herself!!

The black wolf turned from her partner back to the other, head bowing lowly.

"Where are my manners?!" she cried, exasperated at her own excitement and failure to show any basic form of manners. Valen felt the cold finger of embarrassment crawling up her spine as he head swung back up, "My name is Valen. I do apologize for my rudeness. It is an absolute delight to meet you, friend!"

Spirits white as lightning,
shall on my travels guide me
The moon would quake and the stars would shake,
when' ere they espied me.
[-] Likes: rukhsana
Puzzle She/her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

(This post was last modified: December 29, 2018, 01:05:36 PM by Puzzle.)

“My name is Valen. I do apologize for my rudeness. It is an absolute delight to meet you, friend!"
“Nice to meet you Valen. My name is Puzzle,it’s a delight…and a surprise to meet you too. If I may ask, where is your home?
“Oh, your returning, then you must have come a long way, would you like me to fetch a couple rabbits for you?” She said, and then added. 
She didn’t know what came over here, she never acted like this towards strangers, she’s always been cautious. But these wolves… they seemed somewhat different.
She looked over her shoulder, Yibio the raven fluttered down beside Puzzle. Yibio squawked, and jumped around looking at Puzzle, then at Valen. The raven opened his wings and flew away off to a branch near by.
“Sorry about the bird, his name is Yibio. He won’t leave me alone.…”
Yibio squeaked in annoyance on the branch. It echoed through the trees. She laughed under her breath and glared up at the bird.