Open  sweetest thing
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Jasmine she/her
Gemini
Gemini
Pronouns: she/her
Rank [IC]: Medic

All Accounts Posts: 495

Winter wasn't all bad, really, more than anything, it reminded Jasmine of home. Some might chose to huddle up, tucked far away from the cold, trying to tough it out until spring, but not her, and likely not her siblings, she imagined. Whenever the sharp winds picked up and snow began to dust the ground, memories of their birthplace, the Great North would come rushing back. She would breath in the cool air, smiling gently to herself, there was a sort of comfort there, that not all could appreciate the same way.

Still, winter also meant her favorite flowers, herbs and other ingredients became scarce, most going dormant until the sun would warm them back to life. Unfortunate though that was, she'd known to be prepared for the season, having gone into a bit of a scavenging mode before the temperature had really dropped, collecting every flower and plant she could get her paws on. Her collections were tucked away to be dried and ground when she needed, much of which she kept stored in the Living Tree, donating her findings for medicinal uses when able, and keeping what wasn't desperately needed for her own creations.

Not one to hide herself away, even when a new snow began to fall, Jasmine gathered up a good amount of her dried flowers, pouches and other various tools, bringing them out to the surface. She would take up residence beneath a particularly large sprawling root that would protect her crafts from the gently falling snow while she worked, but still allow her to appreciate the beauty of it all the while.

[Image: l3ibeWN.png]
[-] Likes: Rhiow
Embsay He/Him
The Bees Knees
Gemini
Pronouns: He/Him

All Accounts Posts: 185

Fat flakes fell slowly and lazily from the broodingly purple and grey sky, they landed on the grass and ground with the faintest of pattering noises. Embsay watched them in silent fascinated at first, but his intrigue soon gave way to playfulness and he started inventing games to play with the snow. First he tried to look up pick two snowflakes and then let them race to see which touched the ground first; it was a rather impossible task though because, as soon as he chose his targets, one would veer off wildly and be lost in the swirl of innumerable falling flakes. Next he tried to catch the flakes on his nose, that was much more successful; he darted this way and that, lining himself and bopping his head up to catch the white specks.

Before long he had travelled much further than he ever intended while playing his game. When he stumbled slightly he came to and looked about realising he wasn’t entirely sure where he was. He looked round, his oversized puppy ears falling for a moment as the slightly sick feeling of being lost sank in and as he also started to realise that actually, despite his thick black coat of curly fur, he was a little bit cold too. His ears perked up at the sight of a large tree not far from him and his curiosity was sparked again, his unease about being lost was not entirely appeased by this new discovery, but still he scampered towards it for a closer look.

It was huge! A sprawling great tree with twisted trunk, weighty boughs and a honey comb of roots that dug in and out of the soil at all sorts of crazy angles. Awed by the sheer scale of the tree he wove his way in between the roots and instantly appreciated the shelter they gave. He shook himself and fluffed his coat, feeling a little warmth return now he was out of the snow. Trotting further into the warren of roots he soon discovered he was not alone as he came upon a grey curly haired stranger who reminded him a little of… He couldn’t quite decide who. Still she was someone! Someone who could take him home! His tail wagged excitedly at that and he made a little puppy bark of greeting and bounded forward to say hello but soon slowed as he titled his head to take a closer look at what she was doing. She was busily sorting through some very shrivelled looking flowers and plants? He frowned, perplexed by this. ”I’m sorry.” Embsay said solemnly, sad to be the bearer of bad news. ”But I think your flowers are dead.”

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
[-] Likes: Harley
Iaera She/Her
Gemini
Gemini
Pronouns: She/Her
Rank [IC]: Ranger & Whisper
Played By: .eclipse.

All Accounts Posts: 358

[Image: cv4TX4u.png]
|✬| gemini |✬|
the nymph; whisper & ranger

Tiny paws danced through the snow and today she was pleased to have some husky blood-- despite her typical disgruntled opinion--. Thick fur between her toes insulated her from freezing paw pads and an extra downy coat was strong against the snow should it seep through her cloak. But it did not appear to be falling hard enough to do so yet, especially with her occasionally stopping to shake the white flakes from her black apparel. If ever there was a sore thumb it was her, in the night she might could still get away with her midnight drapery; the winter day was unforgiving though. Not that she cared, her objective wasn't to be hidden though, only to hide her features until such time she deemed others worthy of seeing her face.

She snickered at her own false sense of vanity. Nobody wanted to see her ugly snaggle-tooth and doggish mug. Tail curled softly under the handcrafted gift, and she wan't sure where she was going really. But before she could be taken whichever way the wind blew her violet eyes caught the small frame of a child. Out in the cold? Her brow furrowed and she decided to move in the direction of Embsay to make sure he was okay. The boy was still trucking through the snow so she simply followed like a black ghost at reasonable distance. Iaera watched him move towards a giant root system of some sort and duck underneath, and the Whisper followed silently in the snow. If he was okay, she would probably let him be and continue her wandering-- her enjoyment of the presence of children had went down lately for some reason--. But instead she saw another woman there and saw the dried herbs and was immediately interested.

The little wolfdog shucked her hood, she had come to realize it made others uneasy, and offered a smile to Jasmine and Embsay before the children began to speak. Oh no! The flowers were dead! A little hum and then a chuckle purred out of her lips, allowing her voice to be a little heavier accented than normal-- it brought her comfort and she spoke comforting to children--.
"Do not fret little one, they have been dried out. It is how one preserves flowers and herbs. That way, when winter comes around, we still have them to use for healing or whatever it is we want." Violet eyes would move towards Jasmine's cool almost blue-ish ones, "What exactly have you dried yours for? Not all of them appear to be medicinal-- at least-- from my own knowledge."

[Image: f7Tqbvl.png]

[Image: 3Uda1h5.png]

.profile.
.played by eclipse.
Jasmine she/her
Gemini
Gemini
Pronouns: she/her
Rank [IC]: Medic

All Accounts Posts: 495

The little bark was plenty to break Jasmine from her peaceful work, making her peer up at the little bundle of energy barreling toward her. A warm smile was offered and she began to murmur a greeting only to go quiet at the way his mood so swiftly dropped. ”I’m sorry. But I think your flowers are dead.”

A moment of shock followed by a soft though stifled chime of a laugh. "I appreciate your concern," Cool blue eyes shifted to her next visitor, ears flicking to listen to the explanation offered on her behalf.

"Do not fret little one, they have been dried out. It is how one preserves flowers and herbs. That way, when winter comes around, we still have them to use for healing or whatever it is we want. What exactly have you dried yours for? Not all of them appear to be medicinal-- at least-- from my own knowledge."

Her smile only grew wider and she nodded her confirmation. "Yes, I've been saving these ones, they work best after being preserved for a time." She looked between the two of them and with a motion of a delicate paw, she spread the flowers out a little more for them to see. "You are right, these are flowers I selected specifically for a different sort of craft." Jasmine picked up one of her already filled satchels and gave it a little toss out in front of her for either of them to see- and smell. "When placed together they provide a lovely scent. I combine the different blossoms together in my own little recipes. They can be crushed or simply carried, or even mixed in oils."

She nosed one dried bud from where it had become misplaced into the pile from which it came. "It's a hobby I rather enjoy. Would either of you like to join me?" More the merrier with which she could share all her secrets.

[Image: l3ibeWN.png]
Embsay He/Him
The Bees Knees
Gemini
Pronouns: He/Him

All Accounts Posts: 185
(This post was last modified: April 08, 2018, 08:24:05 AM by Embsay.)

"I appreciate your concern,"

"Do not fret little one, they have been dried out. It is how one preserves flowers and herbs. That way, when winter comes around, we still have them to use for healing or whatever it is we want."

Embsay had no idea he was being followed, but even if he had he wouldn't have been concerned. He wagged his tail at Iaera's appearance - Stranger danger was something he should probably learn - And looked up at her as he spoke, his head tilted quizically, but trustingly, eyes flicking between her and the dried flowers. "Oh...That's good then!" Embsay said, somewhat reassured but still a little concerned. "So you're saving them..." This was a joint question to both the grown ups and he looked between them as he spoke, "Because flowers are so rare?" Being a child of winter he had seen very few flowers in his short life; while he had heard that winter was only temporary, and it was warmer in spring and summer, what that actually meant in a practical sense, what effect that would have on his world and the quantity of flowers it contained, was lost to him. 

"What exactly have you dried yours for? Not all of them appear to be medicinal-- at least-- from my own knowledge."

"Yes, I've been saving these ones, they work best after being preserved for a time. You are right, these are flowers I selected specifically for a different sort of craft."

Embsay enthusiastically stuck his nose in the dried flowers that were tossed in front of him, taking in the full force of the smell. He had never smelt anything quite like this and he drank the new experience in until he was over come by the pungence and backed away wrinkling his nose, rubbing it with the back of his paw, and trying not to sneeze.

"When placed together they provide a lovely scent. I combine the different blossoms together in my own little recipes. They can be crushed or simply carried, or even mixed in oils."

He had no idea what she was actually describing or why anyone would want to do it but nodded along as if he did. It all sounded very clever what ever it was.

"It's a hobby I rather enjoy. Would either of you like to join me?"

"Please!" Embsay bounced up and down on the spot in his excitement at the prospect. "I thought flowers were only for looking at! I love crafts! And-" He babbled on, "and I can show you how to knot grass stems!" It was a very basic thing thing that everyone knew how to do, but he had been delighted by the discovery you could bend something to make another something and wanted to share it as much as Jasmine wanted to share her knowledge.

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.