Pronouns: She

All Accounts Posts: 843

[Image: __f2u_crystal_page_decor___by_lleafeons-daeoikc.png]

[Image: lavender_pixel_by_viverrinae-dasj6kh.png]
#8da399
song inspo
Won't you open a window sometime?
What's so wrong with the light?

There's an unmistakable quietness that comes with snowfall, winter is usually a frigid season that leaves the heart wanting the small company of others, a distraction. The silence that came with snowflakes only seemed to amplify this feeling.

It had taken so much effort to overcome old fears, to be able to leave her den without getting a few feet away from it and falling out in a full blown panic. Haylyn had once been so brave, so able to look past anything in her way, but these past years seemed to drag on. It was like all the feeling of failure she was able to look past was now finally catching up to her, and the thought was forever frightening.

Her children would come to mind, and though she had hardly seen them, Hashmal would visit from time to time. The sweet boy kept her company with stories of birds and his own little brood. Cappella, still a sore spot, one she thought was better to stay away from. She had been a toxic environment for the girl. Let sleeping dogs lie. Ghost was expecting a brood too she'd heard from some chatter here and there, but she hadn't seen him, Weiss, or Wheatley in sometime. Would they think any less of her as a mother?

Dainty paws tested the frozen, snow covered ground, and the chilly air greeted her with a sweep of snowflakes against her cheeks that caused her eyes to flutter for a moment. A deep breath, this was all apart of the routine, and she'd take her first few steps out of her warm den. Taking a page out of her son's book, she settled herself by a tree to watch little red cardinals hop about on the branches of the jacaranda trees above.

The sound of crunching snow alerted the woman to unexpected company, blue eyes widened for a moment and she stood hastily. "I- I." The page stammered, a deer in headlights. "I was watching the birds. Would you like to join me?" A small bow of her head, you're in the presence of your son. Your King.

Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break, and be quiet if I shatter
« profile played by: waka »

[-] Likes: .Eve.
Ghost he/him
Long live the King
Inaria
Pronouns: he/him

All Accounts Posts: 812

[Image: ghostxenias1_by_arkyls-d901ho0.png]

Perhaps it was an inherited appreciation, one the caused a halt and allowance of time to tick by in what could on be slow motion. To watch large, fat, butterflies of snow drift from the sky to the frozen ground. Delicately creating a hefty blanket of glimmering white that stole echos and chirps from the air, in a similar way the autumn stole the leaves from the tree tops and threw them to the ground. Perhaps how they'd been dragged down during the war, yet they rose again stronger. Their enemies gone, and a tougher Inaria beginning to be born, something Ghost was proud to be apart of creating with his packmates.

Ghost began to wander through the new dusting of snow, meaty pawprints leaving a trail behind him for any to follow if they desired. None did though, and he longed for company as autopilot pulled toward Whitewind's hill. The hill the royal babies had raced up and down, someone had fallen, himself sticking behind a few times to linger around their Father. The deadbeat that had returned, only to vanish again shortly after Ghost had begun to see the good that still remained. Rather than infuriating him, a deep wound of distaste and hurt bloomed, pale eyes found the ground at the thought of it.

"I- I. I was watching the birds. Would you like to join me?" He visibly jumped at his Mother's soft voice, eyes flicking from the little birds to her beautiful face. She bowed, and he frowned. Her Son suddenly felt vulnerable, and in need. It was for the first time in a long, long, time that Ghost shuffled forward without a word and stuffed his large head against her chest. A heavy sigh of sorrow, but a smile as the comfort of a Mother pressed warmth into the hurt.

"I missed you."

[Image: ghostxeniaship1_by_arkyls-d8zwjm8.png] [Image: ghostxenias1_by_arkyls-d901ho0.png]
| Profile | Posse |
[-] Likes: waka
Haylyn. She
Come out and Haunt me
Inaria
Pronouns: She

All Accounts Posts: 843

[Image: __f2u_crystal_page_decor___by_lleafeons-daeoikc.png]

[Image: lavender_pixel_by_viverrinae-dasj6kh.png]
#8da399

Clearly he had not expected to see her, the wispy female's ears drooping some as those blue eyes watched her son's hulking form. He'd grown to be so strong, her heart soared with pride, he was what Inaria needed. Strong shoulders to carry the burden of leadership.

He came upon her then, and her brows raised as he gently rest his head against the soft fur of her chest. How long ago had it been? It felt like ages, and it was as if time and space had pulled them back to quiet spring mornings when Ghost was just a small child. Running up to be hugged by his mother while she hummed a soft melody to soothe him. He now towered over her of course, but still he'd always remain her little boy.

She'd crane her neck inward, and hook a paw around the back of his neck, ruffling the fur there as she embraced him. The underside of her jaw nuzzling against him and smoothing the top of his head. As she hummed a familiar tune, there was so much love and pain. So much, I could have done better and I CAN do better. What she wouldn't give for that chance again. Did you get enough love, my little dove? Why do you cry? Mother's here now, like a bridge over troubled water.

I missed you. Ears perked slightly at his muffled voice, and she'd felt her heart swell. How long had she been so lost in herself, frightened that her children wanted nothing to do with, that they might have thought her weak. Ghost's words relieved some of that doubt. "I missed you too, very much." To the moon and back, my sweet boy. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you like I should've been, like this family needed me to be. There's no excuse for it. I'm now though, and I want-" Her words caught in her throat as she pulled back to look at him. "I want to do right by you and your siblings. I want to be there for you all." Recovery wasn't linear, but she'd make the steps in bettering her fractured relationships.

A paw would raise to brush lightly at the fringe of hair that was atop his head, fixing it back into it's proper place. There was a silence that settled between them for what felt like an eternity, her mind bouncing to think of an appropriate topic. If he was anything like her, he'd rather talk about anything other than the crown and the duties it entailed. "I hear you've kids on the way? I'm gonna be a grandmother?" Quite a young grandmother as well, and if Ghost pulled away at this point he'd see his wispy mother beaming brightly at him. "Are you excited to be a father?" Tail wagging gently behind her, sweeping snow with it. Her children were the best things to happen to her in this life, she loved them the first day she had met them. Without a doubt, she knew Ghost would be a devoted father.

Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break, and be quiet if I shatter
« profile played by: waka »

[-] Likes: .Eve.
Kay ✨ She/her
QUEEN OF NICENESS
Guardians
Pronouns: She/her

All Accounts Posts: 812

((just fact checking about the babies before I reply, not 100% if he'll know yet in this rp))

[Image: opalplush1_by_arkyls-da789ai.png]
Tracker & Characters
About me
Member since '05

[-] Likes: waka