Open  A Gift From The Earth [event]
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Reach
Reach
Pronouns:

(This post was last modified: January 02, 2018, 03:32:15 PM by Uri.)

bacchus
event
Night held the territory in its cold embrace, wrapping its arms around the pack that rested gently. Tonight, something would happen. Something wonderful. The Southern Valley was cleared, finally. The Cemetery was built. New life had been born just days before, on the start of a new year, and had been moved from dams to their new caretakers.

A crack, a gurgle.

Thunder from deep within the earth. First, those who were awake may have believed it to be just a rumble from the Sea of Souls - but several miles passed between this event and the lake. Here, a valley, a small gulley - prepared to change itself for the better. With a rumble, it sank into the earth, crumbling down as hot steam filled the air. Cracks in the earth grew and filled with water that lapped at the snow and melted it, eating away at the snow and dividing the mostly flat area. Heat sizzled from the hot springs as they broke from the earth and settled as the pack slept.

Morning came now, with its slightly-warmer rays of sunlight hitting on the new springs.

Anyone may post - the New Year's Party will be timed the evening of this thread.

[-] Likes: DustyForgotten
Lyrium She/Her
The Wayward Daughter
Nomad
Pronouns: She/Her
Location [IC]: Bacchus
Rank [IC]: Citizen
Played By: Razi

All Accounts Posts: 441
(This post was last modified: January 03, 2018, 12:40:27 PM by Lyrium.)

「L y r i u m 」
There was a rumbling in my dream like a distant thunder.  Though it almost felt like an earthquake as the shadows around me shuddered.  It was so weird though as nothing like this had ever happened before.  I was kind of frightened by it as I was unprepared for anything new.  Was there something in the darkness that was ready to take me?  I was terrified of what was lurking inside the darkness.  The shadows were warping and lashing out violently at me.  As much as I thought I was, I knew for certain I definitely was not ready to give up my life.  I was a fighter, a warrior.  I was willing to keep fighting even when I thought it was worthless to keep trying.

My head throbbed and my gut wrenched as I forced my eyes to flutter open.  Morning was starting to break, signaling it was another uneventful and restless night.  I heaved a heavy sigh as I shoved myself up to all fours.  I twisted myself around as I violently shook my fur.  I was going to have to see a Doctor one day.  Maybe they would have something to help me sleep or at least get rid of whatever this was.  I shoved those thoughts away for another day.  I slowly made my way out of my little den into the open.  I turned my head upwards as I closed my eyes allowing myself to soak up the warmth that the sun had to offer.

I collected myself and made my way down the valley, exploring of sorts I guess.  Each step I took I had left a part of myself in the snow.  The worse part of the snow is leaving paw prints every which way you went; but even the best of trackers can be fooled by the cleverest.  I started to realize the further I went that some of the snow was becoming a little mushy.  I did not think that was normal.  Holy shit!  I skidded to a halt as my eyes laid upon steam gushing from cracks filled with water.  The sight before me was absolutely amazing!  I lifted my muzzle to the heavens as a howl erupted from my throat.  They had to come check this out!

ooc:

Like a mirage riding on the desert sand
Like a vision floating with the desert winds
Know the secret of the ancient desert lands
You are the keeper of the mystery in your hands

Nomad, rider of the ancient east
Nomad, rider that men know the least
Nomad, where your come from no-one knows
Nomad, where you go to no-one tells
The Nomad by Ironmaiden
Away
Rainer He/Him
my veins drip golden
Nomad
Pronouns: He/Him
Rank [IC]: Prime Minister
Played By: Uri

All Accounts Posts: 655

[Image: RPtable2_title.png]

The beast lay slumbering through the night, a deep sleep taking hold of him. It wrapped around him, tugging and pulling this way and that, writhing its way around his throat until it gave a tight embrace, desperately pulling at him - until he lurched out of sleep, gasping for breath. He scanned the cave, seeing no one awake or near enough to him to have been causing him physical discomfort. He shook it off as an odd dream and pulled himself to his paws, slipping out of the narrow entrance to the communal cave and into the frigid winter air. He inhaled the crispness, delighting in it and shifting off into the shadows of early morning.

After some time, he caught scent of a herd of deer and slipping into hunting mode, softening his steps as he approached the herd. He eyed them, scanning the herd and spotting an aging buck who was clearly not dealing with the cold weather well. He was limping badly and Rainer saw his leg was bent in a bad way. He swung around in a wide arc, separating the buck from the herd that was now beginning to start at the sight of the wolf. The buck bolted, though with a badly broken leg he did not go far before he crumpled into the snow, Rainer hot on his heels. The king grabbed for the male's throat when -

Suddenly, he heard a howl pick up not too far. He loosened his grip to listen, the buck panting beneath him. It did not sound fearful, but rather excited. He picked up on no markers of Bacchus dire howl, but recognized the sound of one of their hellions. He eyed the buck dangerously, then released. They were alright on feeding, and that leg wouldn't last long so they could find the buck again easily. He stepped back, licking his lips before turning to trot towards the source of the howl, leaving the buck alive, bleeding in the snow. His trot turned into a canter as he sped over the snow, confusion growing as he recognized the snow growing wet, and then there he saw the lady hound Lyrium standing overlooking the steaming water. He slowed to a stop beside her, eyes on the springs as they opened into the air and let forth their heat. Already he could see the water was pooling in previously undetected cutouts in the earth - perhaps an old dried lake bed? But it didn't seem large enough to be a lake, so perhaps the springs had been here once, long ago.

Incredible, he muttered aloud, gazing at the water bubbling from the earth. He looked at Lyrium and offered her a smile and a quick shoulder-tap of greeting with his nose. Then he turned towards the water, considering what they should do to test the water. Ah! The deer! He stepped back. I'll be right back, don't touch eet yet. then he leaped off, rushing to the side of the deer, who was only now struggling to his feet.

The buck looked at him, fear in its eyes, but Rainer slowed to a stop before him. He explained that the deer had ought to follow him, and after the threat of teeth, the buck limped forward, ushered on by the wolf. They found the springs again and Rainer indicated that the deer test the water. The buck hesitated at first, wanting to panic and run, but knew its legs would give out again and it would only be that much worse. It approached the water slowly, stopping at its edge and feeling the steam rise before plunging in, the warm water swelling up around him and covering his back. Rainer watched as the buck panted, but turned back to them with black eyes. "It's fine." it said, before taking the chance and swimming (slowly) to the far edge of the springs and struggling out of the water.

Rainer grinned at Lyrium before following the path the deer had taken to the water and diving in, the hot water rushing over his body and soaking him down. He laughed as he kicked forward through the pool, turning to splash Lyrium with some of the water. Come on een, the vater's great!

[Image: JHjLewU.png]
Ulvar He/Him
Cold Hearted
Reach
Played By: Izmyr

All Accounts Posts: 30

Even in the familiar bite of the cold, Ulvar found it difficult to slip into restful sleep. The dark clutches of unconsciousness brought toothy shadows and vicious snarls.
The white male found it easier to relax outside, and the night passed with his bulk pressed against a tree. At least then he could escape if the nightmares turned out to be real rather than being cornered underground.

By the time the sun’s light found him, Ulvar was nearly invisible. His heavy, white coat was layered with frost and his bulky frame had sunk into the snow at the foot of the tree.
When a howl he recognized perks his ear, his head pops up and icy eyes blink snowflakes from his lashes. It’s his traveling companion, the female that came to this land with him. For a moment his brows furrow, his tired mind attempting to make sense of things as he rises out of the snow.
Shaking the ice from his coat also seems to rid him of the blood-smeared haunts and he realizes the howl was an enthusiastic call. Something exciting was happening.

Huge paws carry him toward the source of the howl, and as he approaches he notices a change in the air. The crunch of snow beneath his furred feet becomes wet and slushy, and the crisp air becomes humid. Then he spots it, the steaming spring. Had this always been here?
A splash lifts his gaze, and he spots an unfamiliar wolf in the hot water, speaking to Lyrium. Ulvar lingers, claws sinking into the thawed ground. No way would he even consider dipping into the sweltering pool, but perhaps this would be a good chance to see other residents of the territory. Surely, they’d be drawn here once news spread.

[Image: LmjfRCf.png]
[-] Likes: DustyForgotten, Uri
Lyrium She/Her
The Wayward Daughter
Nomad

「L y r i u m 」
The sight was absolutely amazing!  Then again nature could be amazing at times.  She could also be terrifying as well.  Her many moods were a sight to be held.  On the worse of days she could lay loose the worse of storms, the darkest of nights.  Twisting wind whipping the land back and forth until there was nothing left.  There was rain that fell so hard that water levels rose and created devastation in its passing.  Then there were days where the temperature was so hot it caused droughts and starvation and thirst among its inhabitants.  Then there was the beautiful snow that reminded me of a winter wonderland.  So beautiful, yet so cold.

There was also the beautiful lands that nature was most favored for, the greens.  That was when the grass and the trees flourished with such beauty.  It was when the waters were at their best.  It was when nature and her creations thrived the best.  They had no worries about when their next meal would be.  They always knew when they were able to quench their tongues, delighting the feel of the liquid cascading down their throats into their bellies.  It was a time when they were safe and content.  It was also a time where they were generally less prepared for the worse.  Then again no one wants to think about the bad times.

I twisted my head around as I heard someone coming.  I inhaled the scent sharply that the wind brought me and a smile spread across my muzzle.  I expected no less that the first to respond to my call was none other than the Alpha himself, Rainer.  I chuckled lightly at his words and craned my head slightly as he smiled and gave my shoulder a bump.  I gave a slight wag of my tail in response, turning my head to bump his side.  Then he gave me orders to not touch the springs and then bolted off.  I jerked my head up to watch him run away, blinking in confusion.  Though, he was the Alpha, he outta know what he was doing.

I narrowed my fiery colored eyes and turned to gaze into the steaming waters.  Yea, I will just stand here and look oh so pretty until he comes back.  Which did not take too long at all.  I turned my head to see Rainer leading a wounded buck towards the water.  My eyes widened as he was ushered in to test the steaming springs.  The poor thing was our little guinea pig, but I had to remind myself I eat his kind.  I watched the male stagger into the waters, the water rushing up over his body.  In a way I feared what was going to happen, but my worries were washed away by the deer's response.  He wasted no time getting out and away from us.  I did not blame him.

In my moment of distraction, Rainer had made his way into the hot waters and attacked me with a spray of it.  I mused softly to myself, intrigued by the way he spoke.  "You're gonna get it, Rainer!"  I exclaimed as I lunged into the waters, some of the water bulging up over the lands.  Oh shit!  The water was so warm!  It was amazing!!  I shuddered with excitement and swished my tail and flicked a paw at Rainer.  "Take that ol' grand leader!" I giggled as water was tossed his way.  I shoved my ears forward as another sound crept through.  I turned fiery eyes to see a familiar sight lingering along the edge of the hot springs.

A grin leapt across my muzzle as a plan began to unfold in my head.  I gently nudged our Alpha and motioned to Ulvar, "Ulvar!  Come join us!  It's so warm!"  I mused to him, knowing he hated the hot climates.

ooc:

The Nomad by Ironmaiden
Yseult She/Her
Reach
Reach
Rank [IC]: Police Officer & Immigration Officer
Played By: TranquilTempest

All Accounts Posts: 336

It did more harm than good to dwell on the past, but her mind made sure she suffered for it almost every night. However, unlike a select few of her counterparts this night, Yseult stayed up, refusing sleep so she could keep watch over her homeland. The memory of those scoundrels that captured her and claimed this land still burned in her mind, and she be damned if she let that happen again. The pack was continuously growing, flourishing, becoming stronger each day. Even though she didn't hold the title of Prime Minister, her heart still swelled with pride at the fact that her pack was growing in numbers. She looked upon them with a fondness that could be expected from one who held a higher position, proud of their achievements, holding their followers tenderly in the palm of their hand. She did have one excuse, and that was the fact that she was one of the older members of the pack. The delicate memories of the old Bacchus were held close to her heart, and to see it returning with her own eyes...that had been something incomprehensible in recent years.

Her ears stood erect at the sound of a howl, and she turned to pinpoint the direction it was coming from. It didn't sound urgent, but all the same, she raced toward the source, heavy paws pounding the snow underneath, causing clouds of the white powder to billow up behind her.

It wasn't long before she arrived, sea-foam eyes taking in the shocking discovery. Three other members, one being Rainer himself, were already here at what appeared to be a heated pond. The piebald female moved forward with caution, even though Rainer and the hellion were already in the hot spring, apparently having a grand ol' time. The she-wolf came to a halt right at the edge of the spring, looking at her reflection in the rippling waters as she sniffed. To her, the scent was new, but what she smelled was the unmistakeable scent of sulfur, a rotten-egg like smell. She curled her nose slightly at the scent, not particularly keen on smelling like rotten eggs, but the temptation of dipping herself in a nice warm pool was enticing. Looking back toward Rainer and the she-hellion, she huffed out a billow of air before looking back toward the steaming water, and slowly started to step into the spring.

What she felt was immediate ease as she lowered her body further into the pool. She submerged herself until it was only her head exposed, and she closed her eyes as she let out a deep sigh. She had denied it for so long, but now she couldn't upon feeling the effects of the hot water against her body; she was getting old. Yseult was younger than Yachak and Fable, but older than most present. She had been born within the old Bacchus all those moons ago, had been old enough to remember the plague, and old enough to strike out on her own and fashion a living for herself all those years. She had been through so much, and had the scars to show for it. Her bones, if they were living things, would give their own sighs of relief upon being submerged in the soothing waters. Tense muscles were finally given the chance to loosen, erect ears going slack. She could feel the years in her body calming in this moment of peace.

Despite her age, she was still able to partake in daily pack activities, and refused to let herself grow complacent. Retirement...the mere thought of it made her want to retch. Though she may have many years under her belt, there were still several more she needed to grasp in her fangs. For now however, she let herself revel in a moment where she could finally relax.

Cracking her eyes open, she looked over to Rainer and Lyrium. "This...this is nice." "Nice" was an understatement, but of course, she would never admit that.
ooc: ~
Fable She/They
Reach
Reach
Pronouns: She/They

All Accounts Posts: 617

[Image: avatar_28985.png?dateline=1501784113]

The tremor in the earth gave the feeling of beast having a great stretch. It awoke her, rattling the dirt and roots above her head. It startled her birds, sending them exploding from the tree and cawing in alarm.  But the Raven Witch was not perturbed, and instead had a bit of a stretch herself. Bone and cartilage shifted with a sharp crack, mimicking the greater thunder that had come from the spring.  Then she was up, out of her hole and into the frosty air.  Pin came immediately to her shoulders, while Needle circled overhead, croaking a few notes.

"Yes, yes." Fable said, seeming to hear the bird. "Let's go see what all the fuss is about."

Heading in the direction of the sound, it did not take her long to find the spring that had erupted from the ice.  She watched from the trees as Rainer used a deer to test the water.  Oh, clever, clever boy.  Yes, their ruler was clever, clever.  She would need to talk to him soon, yes... And there was the dragoness she had seen with the pups.  That one was interesting, for sure.  She did not recognize the others, but it was of no matter.  She would know of them soon enough.  She was of the old blood, a line that traced just as true as their king's, perhaps truer.  Fable's line had survived both the plague and the raids, hidden in the shadows of the land.  Now the shadows were being called to dance, and she was interested to find out what tune was calling them.

As for the moment, the water sang, and she slipped off the bank and into the pool with the grace of a selkie.  Not wanting to get wet, Pin squawked at her intention and flew up to a branch where Needle waited.  The two fluffed themselves up and huddled together, clearly wanting the warmth but not keen to get wet.  Fable paid them no mind, lazily paddling around the pool.  Woe be to the one who got the timeless one splashed. When she got within range of Rainer, she paused, treading water.

"A new season is breaking."  She said, her voice echoing midnight, but low enough for just the Prime Minister's ears. "You must find new eyes if you are to properly see."

Her acidic eyes were bottomless, as hard as stone. Above them, her two birds had taken flight and were now spiraling into the heavens. Then she blinked, and the moment was gone.  She shook her head to remove the scant water from her ears, and paddled off to enjoy the spring.

Ulvar He/Him
Cold Hearted
Reach
Played By: Izmyr

All Accounts Posts: 30

At Lyrium's call, one of Ulvar's heavy brows raises a tad.
Yeah, right. After watching those two splash, there's no way he's even getting close. Instead, he makes his way around the pool to a higher spot where he can watch everyone, and drops his heavy body into the snow with a crunch. By now, two more had emerged from the surrounding landscape and entered the pool. He takes note of their appearances and what little of their scent wafts to his nose, making it his priority to memorize everyone that approaches.

So far, the group appears soothed and happy in the gurgling hot spring. The easy mood in the air helps Ulvar to relax, perhaps even enough to sleep if he weren't so eager to be introduced to the residents of this land. It's a nice feeling, being so near others. It had been so long, he had wondered if he would ever feel comfortable around other wolves. That, coupled with the cold embrace of the ice and snow, made for a very happy Ulvar. If he were the smiling type, he might've shown more teeth. As a substitute, a long sigh leaves him as a swirl of vapor, whisked away by the shifting air.

[Image: LmjfRCf.png]
Away
Rainer He/Him
my veins drip golden
Nomad
Played By: Uri

All Accounts Posts: 655

[Image: RPtable2_title.png]

Water swelled around Lyrium as she dove into the water after him and Rainer couldn't help but laugh. His laughter was drowned out as water splashed across him and he blinked in mock horror, jaw falling slack before he dipped under the water, paws swirling under him as he found the floor. He pressed himself to the bottom of the water, squinting through the water at the moving shape up above. He kicked off, rising out of the water to his waist before slapping down on the surface of the water with his forelegs, splashing anyone who was nearby. Due to this, he missed the interaction between the hellion and her white-furred friend, though he spotted the other male finding a comfortable spot to rest in, out of range of their splashes.

Rainer grinned as Yseult arrived and made her way into the water. While he was no young wolf, he had the playfulness of one. He, too, was enjoying the relief on cold joints. Ideas swirled around his head even as he waded over towards Yseult. He dipped his head under the water to press his nose into her shoulder, exhaling to release a plume of bubbles before he lifted his head and gently dripped water onto her head, smiling widely before he slipped back into the deeper water to continue his play with Lyrium -

- only to be intercepted by the slow-moving lady Fable. She had arrived and slipped into the water quietly and he had thus not noticed her, but he appreciated that she, too, was enjoying the heat. She was one of the oldest of the Old Bacchus wolves, and so he had extreme respect for her. She spoke.

A new season is breaking. You must find new eyes if you are to properly see.
He blinked at her, puzzled, as she stared at him and paddled away to enjoy the heat herself. What did she mean by that? The cryptic prophesy - if that was what that was - ringing in his head, he turned towards Lyrium and waded towards her, blinking away his confusion and smiling. Do you think vee could contain this? Already, thoughts of something great were rising in his mind.

A city of sparkling water. A City of Lights.

[Image: JHjLewU.png]
Lyrium She/Her
The Wayward Daughter
Nomad

(This post was last modified: February 21, 2018, 11:20:29 PM by Lyrium.)

「L y r i u m 」
Already the spring seemed to be getting the spotlight as more wolves came out of the wood works to join us.  I was ecstatic, thrilled up to my bat like ears to see a positive change course its way through my veins.  I was kind of disappointed that my burly white friend refused to partake in the fun Rainier and I were having.  No matter.  I kind of had a gander that he wouldn't jump into the hot springs anyways.  Ulvar was more of a snow and ice kind of guy.  I was caught off guard when a whole mess of water just crashed over my head.  A low playful growl rumbled from my throat as I turned fiery colored eyes to that devil of an Alpha.  Damn you Rainier.

I watched as he made his way over to the old she wolf, Yseult I believe was her name.  I could not help but feel a smile slide along my muzzle as I watched the exchange.  It was amazing to see the difference between the young and old as generations passed us by.  Bless her heart for her bones still creaking strong.  I chuckled lightly as she piped up that the water felt nice.  It did indeed.  "I agree!  So nice and warm," A shiver made its way up my spine as I lowered myself into the water until my head was barely above the surface.  I could have sworn I could already feel the tension ease itself from my body.  It was amazing how something so small could make the world of a difference.  I eventually pulled myself back up.

I had noticed Rainier was on his way back to me until the black colored she wolf stopped him in his tracks.  I swiveled my head to the side in a questionable manner as I watched the exchange.  She was so strange that one was.  The way she moved and the way she stood there as her eyes looked about in a transfixed manner.  What was she saying to him?  I quirked a brow trying to hear, my ears straining to pick up even a hint of what she was babbling on about; but I was not exactly successful.  I suppose if they wanted us to know then they would let us know soon enough.  Then the Alpha waded his way back over to me and I let out a hm sound as he asked me a question.  "I suppose anything is possible," I answered him, "What did you have in mind?"

ooc:

The Nomad by Ironmaiden
Basma His Highness
Blue Blood Bacchus
Reach
Pronouns: His Highness

All Accounts Posts: 463

Basma

A bounty was placed upon him in infancy, and many attempts made to collect. Even as the son of a king, a second in command, Basma has never once been safe. He does not sleep soundly, but he never has, so it doesn't bother him. The first tremor has him awake, the howl has his attention, but it is not until Rainer's departure that he is resolutely roused.

The citizens of Bacchus bed together for warmth, which is particularly important for Basma, with his lean body and a desert-dweller for a dam. The residential dens are assigned by profession, and although he holds the enviable position of Historian, he is the only one, and thus inhabits his alcove alone. Cautiously, Basma pads out to meet the impending dawn, tapered ears tucked back against the cold and only one slit-pupil exposed to the wind. He follows the commotion at an indirect angle, spying first the cloud of mist and growing only more hesitant at the image. BlazePack was situated at the base of a volcano, and every puff of smoke spouted into the sky was a promise of their eventual end. It wasn't difficult to convince them to engage MarshPack-- although his reasoning for that tactic was entirely self-serving.

The heat hits him next, but a humidity that puts the halfbreed at ease. No fire, then-- and he's had quite enough of that, as well. Alteron was at war when he arrived, and although they ultimately won, it was at the cost of their own forest. So, Basma continued walking until he heard Rainer: his roared recruitment not long ago, and an invitation now.

Confusion obvious in his expression, the Bacchus continued to round his way nearer until he overheard the insistence that Ulvar join in on the festivities. Basma retained some distance, eventually settling down by a boulder to shield him from the wind while the elders soothed their joints in the steam. Oh, he's certain a dip in the hot springs is relaxing above all else, but he's also aware that everyone who steps into the water will have to dry off eventually, likely shivering against the winter wind. He's a forward thinker.

There was a crooked man...
[Image: lUdg3Yy.png]
and he walked a crooked mile...