Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Mercury She
From Queen to Dog and Back Again
Nardir
Pronouns: She

All Accounts Posts: 617

The Dark Moon of Nardir                    ☿
[Image: divider_by_polarshockka-d8ceg2q.png]

"Being brave means to know something is scary, difficult, and dangerous, and doing it anyway, because the possibility of winning the fight is worth the chance of losing it.
- Emilie Autumn

The Dark Moon brooded on the fact that there was now a darkness in Nardir that there had not been before her absence.  She placed most of the blame solely on her own shoulders, feeling that she had indeed let her pack down by failing to return to them sooner. The fact that Nardir was still here was something she was grateful for, but she was not pleased by all of the changes.  Most of all, she was suspicious of the male who now called Alana mate. She had been told good and bad about the King who had assumed her role.  The bitterness from Ayilyra, the outpouring of love from Alana. But it was action that had always been the unit by which Mercury measured.

Now she would meet him, without an introduction.  She wanted to measure him herself, without anyone adjusting or influencing his behavior.  She hadn't yet decided on how she would handle their meeting.  Part of her wanted to test his strength, to pit herself, an experienced fighter in her own right, against him.  He was a Bacchus Dire, whatever that meant.  Mercury had not heard of the species, but was not surprised, considering Nardir's move to this new land.  Still, she was not afraid.  She had fought things bigger than wolves. Still, attacking her sister's new husband was probably not the best impression she could make...

She was not the speech queen, unbeknownst to her, she and Julek were similar in this regard.  Alana had always been more comfortable doing the talking. She paced in thought, wondering what she would say.  Turns out I am not dead, what makes you think you are fit to take my place?  What makes you worthy to love my sister?  It was rude, but it was direct.  It was also very much Mercury. She continued to consider her options, trying, and failing, to come up with what she would say.  A frustrated sigh escaped her lips, fighting would be easier.  Still, she knew it would not do.  She needed to talk to him.  Hopefully he would have more to say.  Otherwise they were going to be reduced to grunting at each other over family dinners.  Awkward.

"Action is the real measure of intelligence."
- Napoleon Hill

[Image: divider_by_polarshockka-d8ceg2q.png]

Profile ☿ played by EhwazAzi

I found solace in the strangest place
Way in the back of my mind
I saw my life in a stranger's face
And it was mine

vixxie's codes

[Image: ruvbfa_by_ehwazazi-dcfe5qt.png]