Salty Sailor
Packmate
Pronouns: he/him
Location [IC]: Tortuga
Rank [IC]: Sailor
Played By: Nicki

All Accounts Posts: 208

[Image: 4368694_m9qJVOYidGQsr9v.png]

Gentle waves washed over blue paws as Aztek breathed a sigh of relief. His den was finally completed, homey and dry at last. He'd lined the floor with huge leaves, and added a layer of otter pelts as bedding to keep the water from soaking his pelt through the night. He was pleased, though anyone looking would be unable to tell by his rather emotionless expression. He deserved a break, so he'd brought himself over to the beach to contemplate his future. He needed to make an effort to get out more, now that the basics for comfortable living were in place. He needed a job. Friends? Maybe. Not one to seek out deep connections, not since... well that was the past.

He lifted his head to the sky, his good eye slipping closed as he listened to the sounds around him. He could hear the waves crashing more violently further along the island, the distant songs of the birds moving about the jungle. A wind whistled through cracks in the bluffs above. He moved forward, paws parting the tide as he moved further in. His nose was filled with the tangy scent of salt in the air. One paw gently brushed a shell, a beautiful specimen which swirled around itself, long and tapered at the end. It was white, but its surface shone with the whole rainbow as his head moved. He reached down as the tide receded and took it delicately in his teeth. Maybe a crafter would be interested in it. He moved out of the water and placed it gently upon a rock near the start of the jungle.

But for now, with no one in sight, he could release some of the tension his body so often contained. With a child-like whoop, he charged into the water, small waves breaking against his body as he submerged his head and tossed it back. A trail of water shaken from his body lifted above his head, catching the light just right to create a rainbow for just an instant.

[Image: 4197696_DqNabzh70Y0jtWt.png?1499795919]

profile   Played by Nicki
Aysu. She/Her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/Her
Location [IC]: Tortuga
Rank [IC]: Crafter/Navigator
Played By: BlackRabbit

All Accounts Posts: 398
(This post was last modified: October 18, 2017, 09:27:07 PM by Aysu..)

[Image: uW7Ua67.png?1]

Aysu walked quietly along the beach, just outside of the ocean waves. The dark colored sand was her stopping point and as close to the ocean as she was willing to get. She didn't trust the sea and frankly, she didn't understand how anyone else did either. There were urchins and jellyfish and sharks and yet Tortugans still swam in the salty water as if they were born to it. Perhaps this generation was. The pirates were becoming creatures of the sea, but not Aysu. She kept her distance and liked it that way.

When she saw an unfarmiliar pelt in the distance, she decided to pick up her pace and check it out. The other wolf splashed about in the water, seemingly unaware of her presence. But Aysu would have to speak. She was adopted by the Captain and had made herself something of a lookout for him. This new wolf would have to become known to her in order for her to do what she felt was necessary to protect her beloved Captain.

Remembering some of Cookie's advice, Aysu shook herself and made herself presentable, standing in the awkward way she had been shown to make herself appear more feminine. She might look good, but she felt foolish. She was no Siren, sent to lure passersby to their possible doom... but that didn't mean she couldn't act like a lady..... sometimes.

"Hello. Good day for a swim?" She asked, keeping her distance from the waves, her black head scarf rustling in the ocean air. Be nice, Aysu, and you might learn something new.

[Image: uW7Ua67.png?1]
Code:
[customsoftbox490=#000000 solid; background:url('https://imgur.com/4Maw86B.png'); background-position:top-right; max-width:90%]
[customsoftbox300=#eb7d23 solid; margin-right:1px; margin-top:20px; background: rgba(20, 8, 1,90); color:#d4bfae]
[align=center][size=x-small][b][i]'I can't deny I'm paralysed from the inside
Everyday I wake to feel the same
And every time you ask me how I'm feeling
I just smile and tell you that I'm fine '[/i][/b][/size][/align]
[/customsoftbox]
[customsoftbox300=#eb7d23 solid; margin-right:1px; margin-top:75px; background: rgba(20, 8, 1,90); color:#e8cfcf; height:350px; overflow:auto]
[align=center][color=#8a5da3][b]"speech"[/b][/color] | [color=#a38d5d][i]thoughts[/i][/color][/align]

[/customsoftbox]

[/customsoftbox]
Played by BlackRabbit since 2015