Private Roleplay  salty but sweet
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Kalypso She/her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/her

All Accounts Posts: 247
(This post was last modified: October 04, 2017, 11:20:50 PM by Kalypso.)

It was with a heavy heart that the Wayfinder had returned from Borogrove, leaving behind her brother in a foreign land that she knew very little about. She didn't like it but it had been Daniel's decision and it wasn't like she would never see him again, she would make it her mission to visit Borogrove regularly, just to see his face and remind him that there were still people in Tortuga that cared for him. She would always follow the stars to find him. The thought of stars shifted her thoughts and she looked down at her pale front leg, turning it this way and that as she considered it silently. 

It was time she got a tattoo. 

All the other important rank leads had one, didn't think? And the Navigators needed a tattoo that set them apart from the other ranks. But what should she get? Kalypso had never gotten any ink like the other Sailors in Tortuga because to be quite honestly, she was afraid of getting something permanent on her that she would regret later in life. So whatever it was that she decided on it had to be absolutely perfect. Groaning she headed out in search of a Crafter, her gut twisting in an uncomfortable combination of anticipation and anxiety.

Aysu was no where to be found and she couldn't find hide nor hair nor scent trail of Brielle or any of the other Crafters and her brow furrowed. Of course, it figures, that the one time she finally plucked up the courage to get a tattoo all of the people who were capable of doing it were no where to be found. Kalypso heaved a heavy sigh but kept shuffling through the tropical jungle, hoping she'd run into someone who could help her.

The sight of a familiarly colored stripped pelt in the distance got her attention and her small ears swiveled forward into an alert position. Adder? Maybe he knew how to tattoo! Excitement put some pep in her step and she practically pranced over towards Adder as she called out to him,"Yoohoo~ Adddeeerr!" Hopefully he stopped and turned to let her catch up and she'd come up alongside him and peered up at him cheerfully. "Do you know how to do tattoos by any chance?" Please say yes, please say yes..

through the 
rhythm of the waves
you can ear the mermaids 
softly chanting their sea songs
and quietly whispering 
each to each
poems of the deep 
blue sea
pinterest〉┇〈art〉┇ ⇢ Played by BB ⇠ ┇ #7EE1B8
Addereon

speech thoughts profile
Their trip to Borogrove had certainly been... interesting, to say the least. Between accidentally picking fights with the locals and actually sparring with one of the alphas, and trying to bite his tongue on sarcastic remarks about their religion, Adder had his paws full. No one had been injured on the trip, and Daniel had decided to stay with them. The lion couldn't imagine why he'd made the decision, but he hadn't been asked his opinion on it, so it didn't matter. He'd gone as muscle and nothing else. A pelt littered with scars as an easy means of intimidation. Some, of course, were too dumb or too confident in themselves to take heed of the warning he brought, and he envied them the naivety they must've had towards the world. Prey doesn't stop running just because the predator says it's friendly.

The road to hell was paved with good intentions, and Addereon didn't have any in the first place.

His morning patrol done, he found himself pacing his own beach along the cove outside his den. He batted debris out of his way, walking from one cliff-side to the other, sea-foam and salty waters washing up over his paws with every pointless circle. His pawprints washed away as quickly as they came, eyes the same color of the waves flashing brilliantly in the sunlight. A golden streak of fire in a stormy sea.

Someone was coming. Backlit by the sun, Adder stopped in the middle of the beach, head turned toward the approaching footsteps with a blank expression upon his face. When Kalypso emerged from the jungle, the tension along his spine eased slightly. They'd gone to Borogrove together; he was familiar with this girl, at least. She was a brand of optimistic that he'd always simultaneously envied and hated, and her beauty was just the icing on the temptation of a cake she brought whenever she arrived. "Wayfinder," He greeted, voice rough from disuse. He cleared his throat with a quiet rumble, sounding more like a purr than anything else, and wondered what exactly he had caught there. Tattoo?" He nodded. "Aye, I do. Are you lookin' to get inked, Kalypso?" Now, wasn't that an interesting development?

Kalypso She/her
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/her

All Accounts Posts: 247

Adder nodded and she could feel her smile spread even further as her tail became a blur. "I am, actually! It's my first. I never had enough time before back when I was just a navigator to get one of the old tattoos and after thinking about it for a few days I think I've finally figured out what i want to get." And it would be perfect, she just knew it. Eremiel would love it just as much as she did, she was certain of it. Kally halted their walk and began doodling in the sand with a single claw, brow furrowed in concentration as she drew the tattoo that she wanted.  

[Image: 600px-Rose_des_vents.svg.png]

There.

Bright blue eyes looked up at Adder with hope and just a tab bit of apprehension. Would it hurt? "Do you think you can do something like this for me?" She asked nervously as she extended her left front leg and twisted it this way and that. Finally she pointed to a spot right where her arm was the thickest, right in the middle. "Right about there should be good I think." Suddenly overcome by a wave of anxiety Kalypso bit her lip and hummed softly as she squinted up at Adder, the bright sunlight hurting her eyes.

"Have you ever done this before?"

through the 
rhythm of the waves
you can ear the mermaids 
softly chanting their sea songs
and quietly whispering 
each to each
poems of the deep 
blue sea
pinterest〉┇〈art〉┇ ⇢ Played by BB ⇠ ┇ #7EE1B8
Addereon

speech thoughts

"I am, actually! It's my first. I never had enough time before back when I was just a navigator to get one of the old tattoos and after thinking about it for a few days I think I've finally figured out what i want to get."

She was so... happy. It was a wonder that Adder could stand her, honestly, yet he was endeared by her all the same. He watched as she doodled what she was looking for in the sand. It was a nice enough design, though he had absolutely no clue what it meant. A navigator he was not, and he'd never had need for a compass.

"Do you think you can do something like this for me?"

He nodded. It was a relatively simple design, easy to replicate. "Sure. I have steady paws, so it shouldn't take me very long."

"Right about there should be good I think."

He took her paw as she pointed out where she wanted it, turning her forearm this way and that to inspect the fur there and compare the size of his paws to her. He was a little oversized for this sort of detail work, but he was confident that it wouldn't matter as long as she held still.

"Have you ever done this before?"

At that, he shook his head. "Not on my own," He confessed. "But I have sat with Aysu while she's worked, and she's let me help her a few times. It's not a difficult process to actually get the tattoo on you--the aftercare is the hard part. You'll have to avoid swimming and bathing in general for a while, until the dye sets."