The Final Curtain (Entrance)
Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Tavish He/Him
Can you blame me? I'm too famous!
Nomad
Pronouns: He/Him
Played By: Bea

All Accounts Posts: 173
(This post was last modified: March 12, 2019, 08:39:27 PM by Tavish.)

With a defeated sigh the man sad huddled again a tree looking forlornly down his last, frayed piece of twine. There would be no more rabbit snares for him, and armed with little else than a few knives and the option to wrestle prey into submission Tavish knew how dire the situation was. It was a miracle entirely that he had survived this long in the first place. With little to no survival skills he had been thrust into a strange land alone, only armed with what remnants of the wreck he could salvage into his bag and on his back. But that had been months ago and supplies were running thin.

"Well. I made  good run, didn't I?" said Tavish to no one but himself. Winter looked to be receding until it decided to make one final entrance with blowing snow that started last night. It was dramatic, fitting for his end, "I fought til the very end. Was some god looking down on me all this time, helping me as I go?" He let out a sad, weak chuckle, "Helping? No. They must have kept me around as a play thing, a macabre toy to watch slowly bow to the elements. Why else would I end like this?"

Tavish pulled his cloak around himself as the wind rushed through the woods. For all the melodrama he had his points. The season left slim pickings in the wilds, especially for one who spent most of his life in the company of others, other that did most of the brunt of the survival work. He was thin and tired, a few more days like this and it could have very well been the end. But the man would be damned if he were to be completely forgotten. He climbed to his feet and took out a knife, setting into the tree with shaky diligence. Tavish was a fool to assume the people of this continent would understand the written word of his land, and even more a fool to think anyone would ever stumble across this specific tree in the middle of nowhere, let alone that any of him would remain after the scavengers picked him apart. But no one said a dying man's hopes were ever logical. He took a step back and examined his work with a half hearted smile.

Here likes Tavish Varo
Great actor
Great survivor
Cruelly torn from this world too soon

"OOOOOOOOHHHH!" Tavish wailed, dramatically flopping in front of his epitaph, arms spread out, opening his cloak for the cold to consume him quickly, "How unfair this is! Well I give in, death! Come and take me! And make quick work of it." He let out a little sob, not quiet as resigned to death as he'd like to believe, "and let someone remember...:
Nihilist she/her or he/him
Packmate
Pronouns: she/her or he/him

[Image: tumblr_pkekuykhr21u2xt9qo2_100.png]I WON’T LET IT GO
I’LL STICK TO THE PLAN
WE’RE DEEP IN THE THROWS
[Image: tumblr_pkekuykhr21u2xt9qo1_100.png]
The snow was rather nice. At least, for him it was. A natural predator, Neoptolemus had stayed out during the depths of the cold night, waiting until the snow was nice and high. He walked slowly, just listening for sounds of struggle. He followed it and was rewarded with a nice meal for his troubles; some poor creature that had mistakenly thought spring had really come, let itself wear out during the day before the storm, and had no strength to trudge back to its den before it was a feast for the fae.

Idly considering whether the hide of the creature was actually pretty enough to preserve now that he’d had his fill of it, Neoptolemus caught a new voice on the wind. Human. Distraught. Alone.

Perfect!

Abandoning the carcass, the fairy slunk close to the trees, sure his pale hair and dark clothes would help him blend in with the wet, dark trunks and the snow patches. In his creeping, he spotted a man. Here, Neoptolemus blinked. He was quite used to seeing dark haired people as well as the occasional sun bleached redhead. He’d seen plenty of white haired folks, too, being among the fairies…

But, he’d only ever seen one blonde before. Perhaps luck was finally smiling upon Tavish, because Neoptolemus’s curiosity was piqued upon seeing someone with the same hair color as his own brother. Though, Melanthios, Neoptolemus knew, would insist his hair was a more striking shade of yellow; more like a dandelion or a daffodil than this buttery yellow of the stranger.

Fortunately, Neoptolemus’s braggart of a brother was not here. And, unfortunately, Neoptolemus was.

Deciding to ditch hiding, Neoptolemus stepped forward, eyes sweeping over what Tavish had written. He didn’t understand the language, but he was plenty smart. Between how Tavish was acting, it had to be a grave marker. Already, the horned man was trying to puzzle through each word meaning. One word was repeated, so maybe he could puzzle through it. Oh well, the author still lived.

And, luckily for the author, Neoptolemus liked art of all varieties, writing and acting included. He would like to keep this stranger around. The moon above knew he needed some decent entertainment.

❝Get up. Follow me so you can be fed.❞

credit.
“dante and virgil in hell” by bouguereau
“who will save you now?” by les friction
candle graphics by drawnbynic/nihilist
[Image: tumblr_pkdq86YyBM1u2xt9qo1_540.png]

► character bin

i'm just tryna turn up in the country.

Tavish He/Him
Can you blame me? I'm too famous!
Nomad
Pronouns: He/Him
Played By: Bea

All Accounts Posts: 173
(This post was last modified: March 20, 2019, 02:34:19 PM by Tavish.)

It was just as the sniffles were reigned in that the footsteps in the snow brought them back with a chill down his spine. It seemed Tavish wasn't the only hungry creature in the frozen woods. Eyes opened, but only momentarily before sealing them shut. He didn't wish to see the creature that was to make a quick snack of him. Hand went to his belt but his shaking hand struggled with finding his grip. Tavish wasn't a complete idiot, although close, he knew he couldn't take down a predator with a measly knife, but he could end his suffering quickly instead of enduring the sensation of being torn to bits.

It was the sound of a human voice that startled him at first. Eyes opened to grey sky at first.

"Death?" he wasn't expecting the end so quickly, but it seemed there was some mercy left in these wild woods. It wasn't until his mind processed what had been said that he realized it would be quite odd for Death to offer food. "Wait..."  Or was it? Tavish once played Death but he didn't remember a line about feeding the deceased. He pulled himself up to look upon their face.

"Oh stars above!" in a flurry of snow the man scuttled backwards until his back was flush with his headstone. Tavish didn't have a solid image in his head on what Death would look like. He always thought they would manifest as a comforting loved one. But this was no sweet little grandmother. This man had horns like a goat and a rat tail with a fancy little embellishment. He was starting to doubt this entity was here for his soul, but who knows what the hell he wanted. Despite being on death's door Tavish did still hold some manners. He realized he was staring and cleared his throat, "My apologizes, my good sir, I just-" Just what? Didn't expect some human animal hybrid? "Wasn't expecting anyone."

For what little willpower he had left he couldn't advert his eyes. A violent shiver did wonders for bringing him back to his senses and Tavish slowly made his way to his feet.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but-who are you? What are you doing in the middle of the woods?" Dark blue eyes looked beyond to search for signs of fires he missed before, "Are there more of you?" He left the question of what are you and should I be afraid left unasked, for surely he would find out sure enough.