Viewing: 1 Guest(s)
Nihilist she/her or he/him
Packmate
Pronouns: she/her or he/him

[Image: tumblr_pkekuykhr21u2xt9qo2_100.png]I WON’T LET IT GO
I’LL STICK TO THE PLAN
WE’RE DEEP IN THE THROWS
[Image: tumblr_pkekuykhr21u2xt9qo1_100.png]
Spring was barely upon them, pushing past the heavy snowbanks of winter to pop up as stubborn and proud grasses. In this quiet, slow struggle laid Neoptolemus. His cloak was laid out under him, open and protective against the wet chill of the snow. It was raining on the other side of the dead volcano’s peak, and it seemed as if he were busy enjoying the dark day sky before that rain made its way towards the part he was lounging on. Or, at least, the way his eyes were shut, one leg propped over a knee with his arms supporting his head, seemed to support that theory.

Beside him, on a metal dish – he had been busy! - sat a fatty piece of smoked meat. And, beside it, some of the last of his cheese. The aroma of it was nothing that a human would write home about. Sheep milk cheese with unseasoned meat – big deal? But, to a true carnivore… The rich, fatty nature of the two protein rich foods was near decadent. It was truly a treat here at the end of winter when the pickings were slim and spring had yet to relieve them.

Thus, it was odd that Neoptolemus reclined here, so off guard with the last of his treasured cheese, an incredibly rare treat in a world where human settlements and thus their luxury goods were hard to come across. But, he was. His tail was still, even, and his breathing even. It seemed as if he might even be asleep.

Or, maybe he was just waiting patiently by his bait.

credit.
“dante and virgil in hell” by bouguereau
“who will save you now?” by les friction
candle graphics by drawnbynic/nihilist
[Image: tumblr_pkdq86YyBM1u2xt9qo1_540.png]

► character bin

i'm just tryna turn up in the country.

Pixie She/They
Almost Sparkles
Packmate
Pronouns: She/They

All Accounts Posts: 606

"I will be her friend, while plotting to either betray her if she’s untrustworthy for the company, or be betrayed by her if I slip up and she sees thoughts she shouldn’t.”

- Kiersten White
[Image: rose_divider___night_rose_1___sparkles_b...b26uwt.png]

Something rustled in the underbrush, drawn towards the scent of the food.  A new plethora of smells, and as such, a whole new source of opportunities.  Cautiously, cautiously. Not too brazen, can't be too hasty. Amber eyes, as bright as gems, watched the figure from where they were concealed in the frosted foliage.  The petite nose beneath them twitched, and above it, two antennae bobbed and vibrated like the twitchy whiskers of a poised cat.  Oversized ears scanned for sound, but the man-creature did not move.  Still, she did not approach, but instead sat hunched under the branches, watching the would be meal.

In a world such as this, the likelihood that such spoils would remain available for long was... minimal.  But be too hasty, too fast, and you could be food instead of eating it.  Too slow, and she'd miss her prize, either to a competitor or to the weather.  The front on the other side of the mountain was already changing the air, and her instinctive brain was warning her to take shelter.  Preferably shelter and a full belly, if she could help it.  So the careful and cautious hunter stalked her prey, so unaware of her. She shook her shoulders, and it shivered down into a buzzing before she got to her feet and quietly stretched.

Then she made a dash for it.  Bright orange fur flashed against the white as she half jumped, half ran into the open.  Needle-like teeth made for the plate, and grabbed for the hunk of cheese.  She wasn't so stupid to think she'd be able to just walk up and eat the whole thing herself.  After all, man-creatures were *giants*.   But if she could snag even one of these items, she'd be able to settle in nice and comfortable before she got wet. So she made her charge, and hoped she was stealthy enough to accomplish her mission.

What the man-creature would see, was the smallest of foxes. Even smaller than a newborn kit aught to be. With the soft, dusted wings of a sheep moth and delicate antennae sprouting from her head. She ran with a nimble scurrying, and was just about to snatch the cheese.

[Image: beach_city_divider_top_by_cal_vain-dawd0e8.png]   

Packmate

I’LL STICK TO THE PLAN
WE’RE DEEP IN THE THROWS
Snow was loud; all the better for Neoptolemus to hear the tiny fox approaching with.

Swift as could be, the fairy man reached beyond the fox, grabbing up an edge of his cloak. He had no interest in catching her little teeth in his delicate palm, so he’d use his own cloak as a buffer, not unlike a net as he briskly stepped out of it.

He’d fold the cloak in on itself, perhaps trapping her within. If that succeeded, he’d reach for what he’d hidden under the cloak in the snow – a gilded cage. A polished, thin stone ‘floor’ marked the bottom of the delicate copper and gold cage. Small quartz crystals mimicking little blossoms likewise decorated the bars.

❝Fret not, little thing, you won’t be anyone’s meal.❞ Well… Unless Rivian decided she wanted to eat it. But, he doubted that. He’d never ever seen her show his taste for wolf meat and, considering her previous deep friendship with the one who had once lived with her, suspected that she wouldn’t eat anything even vaguely canine in nature. Which was fine, of course. He was trying to trap this hellion fox as a precious trinket, not as a snack. He could find something much bigger if it was just supposed to be a meal.

Regardless, with one hand on the cage and the other [hopefully keeping Pixie trapped in his cloak until she stilled and accepted her dark defeat, Neoptolemus’s arrow tipped tail would swish lightly in concentration.

credit.

► character bin

Pixie She/They
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

"I will be her friend, while plotting to either betray her if she’s untrustworthy for the company, or be betrayed by her if I slip up and she sees thoughts she shouldn’t.”

- Kiersten White

Pixie let out a shriek as the world closed around her and wrapped her in darkness.  The meat and cheese, which were now in the bag with her, were forgotten.  Less forgotten was the metal plate, which had risen with the cloak to smack her flat against the side of the cloak.  Her wings, luckily, had been tucked as she dashed, or else she surely would have bent one in her collision.  She wrestled with the plate, her tiny claws scratched the surface as she tried to brace herself against it and away from it,

"Fret not, little thing, you won’t be anyone’s meal."

The echoing boom of the fairy's voice was just as foreign to the little fae fox as the silver disk trying to smack her in the face.  She didn't realize it was her own struggling that was causing it to wobble at her. This wasn't at all like what her day was supposed to be like.  She struggled and struggled, but she only tired herself out.  She ended up panting in the dark, laying her head against the metal plate.  The food beneath her entirely forgotten in her panic.

Packmate

I’LL STICK TO THE PLAN
WE’RE DEEP IN THE THROWS
It was only once he heard the tiny scraping of her claws against the metal dish come to an end that he dared open the bag. Still, quick as could be, he felt for her through the bag. He was surprisingly gentle about it, though it wouldn’t be that surprising when one considered the delicate materials he often worked with. He would would pick her up through his cloak, opening it to deposit her into the gilded cage.

Or, he would, if she didn’t struggle or such. What I’m saying is that obviously this only gets done if my fellow roleplayer allows it. Fourth wall break to be excuse for the sake of clarifying that.

At any rate, if she was deposited into the golden cage, he’d lock it after her, satisfied enough to look at her. ❝… Ah, your prize.❞ Though she likely wouldn’t care for it now, he’d all the same pick up the forgotten meat and cheese, tearing it into small chunks so he could push it through the bars of the cage for her. He felt as if he’d done her some great favor in that, so he put the rest away in a bag – food for later, for the little rarity.

He’d put her cage down briefly, putting his cloak back upon him. Then, he’d pick the cage up once more.

❝Well, little one? Have you a name? And, you seemed rather drawn to that cheese. Any other preferences I should know of?❞ Oh, how polite a kidnapping monster he was! How kind he was to the one he was stealing! Clearly that made up for all of this panic and discomfort.

credit.

► character bin

Pixie She/They
Almost Sparkles
Packmate

- Kiersten White

Already battered and beaten by the metal disc with which she had been imprisoned, she was suddenly accosted from beyond the cloth.  Squealing a new protest, the small creature wriggled, but was otherwise unable to move away from this further invasion.  Then there was a light, and she stared around bewildered at the reintroduction to the light.  Her large eyes blinked rapidly, her antennae quivering.  Her tail was fluffed up, and she opened and fluttered her wings, attempting to make herself look bigger and more threatening.

"… Ah, your prize."

The offending giant's hand came back towards her and the little hellion shrank away, baring her fangs while she cringed.  While there was the option of food, the danger of the hand was more important.  When she hit the back of the cage, she yelped, and her noises of protest continued.  When he set the cage down, she tried to run, but found she couldn't fit through the bars.  She tried to chew them, tried to kick the cage, but the metal bars were immune to her attacks.

"Well, little one? Have you a name? And, you seemed rather drawn to that cheese. Any other preferences I should know of?"

She didn't prefer cheese.  She didn't even know what the word "cheese" meant.  The tiny globules of calcium and fats was simply the more efficient option for speedy nutrition.  While somewhere in her mind she understood this hulking colossus, the little fairy was more than disinclined to answer.  When he picked up the cage again she splayed her small legs, trying to keep her balance.  Unaccustomed to this mode of transportation, it was all she could do to stay upright.